You’ll be an experienced Analyst with a passion for gaming and a great understanding of free-to-play gaming. You’ll be energetic, enthusiastic, well-organized, and collaborative in your approach to Analytics.
• A positive attitude and open-minded approach
• BS or MS in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Finance, Statistics or Computer Science, or another analytical discipline
• 4+ years of experience as a data or financial Analyst applying statistical analysis to B2C consumer behaviors (mobile apps, advertising, market activities)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to:
analyze situations and determine the best metrics for a situation;
conceptualize player behaviors based on data;
identify meaningful proxies of player behaviors where data doesn’t exist.
• Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and drive to complete projects
• Experience using SQL, including complex queries from multiple data sources
• Experience creating, operating, and analyzing multiple simultaneous A/B tests
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including extensive use of chart and table tools
• Ability to understand and act on changing priorities, and execute multiple competing projects based on the business case and expected impact
• Familiarity with data and BI presentation tools (Tableau, Excel, pivot tables)
2+ years experience (video gaming, e-commerce, consumer entertainment, etc.)
A passion for playing world-class mobile, social and casual games a huge plus
Experience in making world-class social/casual/casino games a huge plus
Free corporate English lessons
Funny and nice corporate events
As a Senior Data Analyst, your goal will be to help the team understand the most important behaviors of our players. You’ll use problem-solving skills, sound logic, and data tools like SQL in order to identify and evaluate trends, determine the real value of team initiatives, and clearly communicate results and outcomes. You’ll work with the entire team and provide analytics grounding to business decisions we make every day. You’ll learn our tables, do ad hoc analysis as requested, help our team figure out what they really should be asking, create dashboards where needed, and generally use our data to be the real backbone of our data-driven culture. Most importantly, you’ll use situational awareness to make sure you understand our game, our funnels, our current KPIs and our player behaviors to make sure that your analyses make sense and help the team learn.
• Work with product, live ops, game design, engineering, marketing, DBAs and other teams to deliver actionable insights into our games in order to improve our user acquisition, engagement and monetization
• Create and update SQL queries and Tableau/Excel/Google Sheet dashboards
• Design and implement new analytics events and queries for new game features, game events and player offers to make sure the team receives the information they need to evaluate and improve the games
• Design, implement, organize and analyze advanced statistical testing for specific problem-solving needs (e.g. A/B testing)
• Identify problems, anomalies, trends, issues, and opportunities by looking at the data and coming to your own conclusions
• Answer business-related questions through exploratory data analyses and ad-hoc reporting
• Participate in data retention management processes, including defining and updating retention policies and creating/updating tables to optimize data analysis workflow and cost
It’s an exciting time in our SuperCasual Studio! We’re currently hard at work reimagining one of our current social casino apps and building it into a world-class leader in the genre as well as creating a brand-new game in an exciting, growing genre. And we’re looking for a Sr Data Analyst to help us realize our vision!
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging, and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!