• Expert experience in Unity.
• Experience creating stylized visual effects within Unity.
• Experience in character animation, and visual effects in general.
• Experience in creating UI elements in unity.
• Experience in a 3D package (Maya).
• Excellent ability to create 2D & 3D art.
• Experience with 2D Unity animation packages for character animation.
• Proficient in the Unity3D main scripting language C#.
• Experience developing for mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
• Ability to create and modify existing tools, scripts, or assets for mobile.
• Strong understanding of shaders.
• Ability to proactively seek out and identify technical constraints while conceptualizing, and executing solutions through the creation of new tools.
• A mind for both artistic and technical workflows.
• Strong ability to make critical artistic and process decisions to produce the best quality product quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to provide detailed information on the status of game production, builds, and specific deliverables.
• Excellent Adobe Photoshop knowledge.
• Experience implementing for mobile a plus.
• Ability to create 3D art assets and illustrations a massive advantage
Comfortable office and great location with wonderful scenery on “The Motherland Monument”
Free corporate English lessons
20 working days paid vacation
Funny and nice corporate events
• Working directly with the Art Director and Lead Programmers on multiple projects, making our world-class mobile products beautiful and aspirational.
• Working directly with the product owner and the UI artists to create optimised and beautiful UI and Game particle visual effects in Unity.
• Working directly with the product owner to create UI and character animations.
• Research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques such as particle systems, shaders. Custom plugins, scripts within Maya and Unity
• Work closely with both 3D and 2D artists to bridge the gap between artist and developer.
• Lead the charge on problem solving for technical issues that may arise from other programs when working within Unity.
• Create in-game art assets
• Anticipate the needs of artists, then create artist friendly tools for use within Unity and Maya.
• Create highly optimized mobile shader/material directories for artists to use within Unity across all projects.
• Be creative! Openly suggest more beautiful, fun and dynamic ways to do things, and back that up by trying. We want to learn from you!
• Evangelize your point of view. Give and seek open feedback. Evolve. Be comfortable educating your peers on how you make technical artistry happen.
• Mentor and work with non-technical artists
GSN Games is looking for a Unity Technical Artist to join our fabulous team in Kyiv!
Jackpot! About the GSN New Games Studio:
It’s an exciting time in our New Games Studio in London! We’re working on our next big game in the world of home decor and we’re looking for a Unity Technical Artist to help us realize our vision!
We believe that play matters and that’s why we create genre-leading games that are fun, engaging, and rewarding. Joining GSN Games will give you a platform to work on incredible games while working alongside the best people in the business!
Every day, you will work directly with world-class artists and programmers to create beautiful, industry-leading mobile games that push the envelope in our space. As a Unity Technical Artist, you will ensure that art assets are easily integrated into apps built with Unity, while creating and maintaining the artistic vision, maximizing performance, and navigating the various technical limits of the chosen platform. This role will also require the Technical Artist to add effects and work with shaders on a ground-breaking casino game as well.
Working within Maya and the Unity Editor to “bring 3D games to life,” you will have a significant influence on the creative process, evangelizing the highest standards of visual fidelity while leading the charge as our team creates new and exciting products. This Technical Artist will be called upon to not only put empowering tools in place but also investigate and implement new processes and techniques.