At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives—and we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered writing assistant: to help people feel more confident in communicating clearly and effectively. So far, we’ve created a product used by more than 20 million people around the world every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
To get to the goal, we are looking for a hands-on Data Scientist. This will be the first data team member based in our Kyiv office, and the position will have a broad influence on the company, working with cross-functional teams from our product, research, and engineering teams.
Grammarly’s products generate more than 350,000 recommendations every minute for our 20 million daily users. This creates the opportunity to perform data analysis spanning tens (soon to be hundreds) of terabytes of data at a time. In working on this scale, our Data team is anything but conventional. They build tailored solutions that are flexible and versatile to ensure our data is reliable and digestible to all parts of the business.
• Within your first month, you will start developing a good understanding of the overall data-processing pipeline, understand a subset of Grammarly’s key metrics, and complete at least two small data reports to be presented to relevant business owners.
• By month three, you will become an expert user of our analytical tools, start contributing to the data science team’s projects, understand all of Grammarly’s key metrics, and independently work on small- to medium-complexity data projects (including A/B tests, channel analysis, and user engagement).
• By month six, you will start working independently on complex data projects, such as user segmentation, short- and long-term user engagement analysis, and lifetime value projections.
• By year one, you will become the go-to person and subject-matter expert for a few of Grammarly’s key metrics, own and drive projects independently with minimal supervision, and along with our other Data Scientist, ensure “data science excellence” at Grammarly (dashboards, high-quality reports, empowered teams, and more.).
• You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
• You have a Ph.D. or a masters in a quantitative field plus four years of experience working as a data scientist.
• You have experience in data analysis, A/B testing, retention tracking, etc. (consumer product experience preferred).
• You’re proficient in data mining and statistics.
• You have experience with SQL and programming experience in Python, R, Scala, or equivalent language.
• You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a strong bias toward actionable insights; you love finding insights and getting others to act on them
• Modern web client development and testing tools.
• You are a self-starter with superior organizational and prioritization skills
• Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
• Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
• Healthcare, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.