Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to work on Grammarly’s web-based editor application.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer at Grammarly, you will:
• Grow and maintain technical excellence of the team by using the best possible approaches and engineering practices.
• Contribute to the technical culture of the company by defining and maintaining engineering standards and best practices.
• Work on fun and technically challenging projects to deliver impactful apps on popular browsers.
• Use React, TypeScript, and FRP while building super refined and elegant user interfaces.
• Follow solid design and high-quality implementation practices.
• Make a difference in the lives of writers everywhere!
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
• Has knowledge of FP, FRP.
• Has experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
• Is ready to tackle infrastructure challenges when needed.
• Knows modern web client development and testing tools.
• Has a good understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods.
• Has experience with at least one non-scripting language (Java, C#, or other).
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback..
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.