Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, and Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a shared workspace in Krakow.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for Front-End Software Engineers to join our engineering teams. Front-End Engineers will ship user-focused interfaces and work closely with Product and Design teams while collaborating with many other functional teams across the Engineering organization.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Grammarly is growing rapidly. There are opportunities to join a team where you can learn from experienced peers, and opportunities to build product offerings and teams from the ground up. Within our growing engineering organization, there is plenty of room for ownership and direct impact on users.
As a Front-End Software Engineer at Grammarly, you will:
• Ship production-grade code to over 30 million daily active users.
• Grow and maintain the team’s technical excellence by harnessing practices that are best for the team and product.
• Contribute to the technical culture of the company.
• Harness engagement metrics to identify and build new impactful features.
• Work on fun and technically challenging projects to deliver impactful apps on popular browsers.
• Use React and TypeScript while building super refined and elegant user interfaces.
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has solid software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
• Has experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
• Is ready to tackle infrastructure challenges when needed.
• Knows modern web client development and testing tools.
• Has a good understanding and practical knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methods.
Bonus points for
• Functional programming experience.
• Past experience running experiments or A/B tests to test product hypotheses.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.