Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team in our Kyiv office. This manager will lead and grow the Kyiv ML Engineering team to build and support ML infrastructure and develop novel intelligence features with researchers and product managers. This team has an opportunity to shape the way Grammarly engineering delivers ML features across the entire product. This role will be instrumental in helping build
To facilitate this mission, the Engineering Manager will coach, mentor, and support the team through product development and collaboration with product managers. They will also guide the team to propose and implement the best practices for scaling ML features at Grammarly across all phases of feature lifecycle, from fast iterative experimentation to productization and support. This Engineering Manager will also provide direction for project investments, prioritization, and engineering resource allocation, and coordinate with stakeholders.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is multiplying as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As Engineering Manager, you will lead the Machine Learning Engineering team and collaborate across multiple offices with research scientists, computational linguists, and product managers to ship delightful user experiences across various interfaces. You will influence and fundamentally change the way Grammarly engineering delivers
• Guide the team to operating services at internet scale with high availability and reliability.
• Propose and implement the best engineering and research practices for scaling
• Help drive engineering-wide initiatives with other engineering leaders.
• Act as an effective manager by being a strong advocate and promoter for the team.
• Contribute to and influence the ML infrastructure roadmap based on the feedback from internal customers.
• Build the ML infrastructure and platform to accelerate and make its development accessible and efficient to all researchers and engineers at Grammarly.
• Build and enhance consumer and enterprise intelligence features in Grammatical Error Correction (GEC) and text semantics, such as tone and summarization.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.