Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for an Engineering Manager for the iOS team. You will help us lead, grow, and empower our team of world-class iOS engineers. Since a significant portion of communication worldwide is via mobile, this role is key to Grammarly’s mission of improving lives by improving communication—wherever and however people write.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure.
As Engineering Manager for the iOS team, you will:
• Empower the iOS engineering team to deliver world-class product offerings that bring clear, effective, and mistake-free writing to mobile devices.
• Continue scaling a highly specialized iOS engineering team.
• Collaborate with engineers to drive the technical roadmap and ensure high technical quality on all projects.
• Coach engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
• Help drive engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the engineering management.
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has strong software engineering fundamentals and can grasp technical concepts quickly.
• Has a firm understanding of the mobile ecosystem and the challenges of building on the iOS platform.
• Demonstrates a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams.
• Shows solid technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions.
• Cares deeply about the work but also about how that work is accomplished.
• Leads by example and sets the right context for decisions.
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with proficient spoken and written English.
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.