Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Platform & Security functions, whose work will directly impact millions of users. This group comprises several teams of curious lifelong learners fueled by solving novel technical challenges at scale. The Platform team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure and tools to support and accelerate the entire software delivery lifecycle while keeping a high bar on quality, security, and privacy standards. The Security team employs people, processes, and technology to continuously monitor and improve an organization’s security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity threats. As the company grows, the number of large cross-functional initiatives grows with it, demanding a dedicated Technical Program Manager to oversee and drive the efforts.
As Technical Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive a significant impact in leading large, cross-functional software engineering initiatives at Grammarly. Scaling existing services while building new capabilities across a rapidly growing team demands high-level thought leadership and smooth processes.
In this role, you will:
• Identify opportunities, requirements, and risks; define milestones and success criteria; manage schedules; and work through ambiguity while leading large software engineering projects.
• Effectively communicate the above, both to the team and to leadership.
• Develop and maintain scalable processes and assist with resource allocation.
• Ensure priorities are aligned across all relevant teams and take steps to remove roadblocks to this alignment.
• Take a holistic view across back-end engineering teams, identifying points to improve collaboration/reuse and reduce redundancy.
• Exercise technical judgment in evaluating projects and their potential solutions.
• Deeply understand our systems, both technically and from the user perspective while helping to build product roadmaps and technical strategies for those systems.
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has at least 5 years of professional work experience with Infrastructure or Security domains, with direct influence on the project roadmap.
• Applies past engineering experience through writing code and solving basic coding problems.
• Applies their technical expertise to care about the details without losing sight of the bigger picture.
• Is driven to proactively identify issues, risks, and opportunities.
• Communicates effectively with their peers, executives, and independent contributors.
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym, and more.
• Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.