Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a software engineer to join Grammarly’s Subscription Services team, which builds billing services that handle millions of payment transactions. The team also creates smart tools that help Grammarly provide excellent customer service to our ever-increasing number of users. Overall, we help make sure the business runs smoothly. Our objectives are about increasing revenue and user retention. We run lots of experiments and release code to production every day. The engineers on the team are deeply involved in the ideation, research, and implementation of each feature.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure.
• Improve our billing system and other services by writing lots of Java code.
• Build smart solutions for customer success. This includes specialized internal tooling as well as user-facing features.
• Be hands-on with network architecture, load balancing, CI/CD, provisioning, and security of production and staging environments. Continuously fine-tune deployments, monitoring, and other routines.
• Implement integrations with payment processors, tweak data infrastructure, and build and run experiments around billing flows.
• Work directly with other teams at Grammarly to build back-office automation and features for our sales systems.
• Participate in on-call duty and continuously improve the stability of production services.
• Build tons of ambitious features, improve the architecture and technical stack, and become a stronger professional together with the team!
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has solid software engineering fundamentals and knowledge of commonly used algorithms.
• Has strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and code.
• Is comfortable working with AWS, Docker, Terraform, Grafana, and associated tech stacks.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.