Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to build and run our new team focusing on the security of user text data. This is a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of building complex software systems: defining the strategy, setting up the team, and shipping to production.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
• Make sure user text data is stored and manipulated in a safe way, compliant with all regulations and with our commitments to our users.
• Hire and manage exceptional engineers for the data security team.
• Own and design our data handling strategy. You will work with talented product managers, researchers, engineers across the company.
• Drive execution and delivery on all engineering tracks related to text data security.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure.
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has strong software engineering fundamentals and can grasp technical concepts quickly.
• Shows strong technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions. .
• Has a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams.
• Is deeply technical but derives satisfaction from helping teams accomplish audacious goals.
• Has the ability to systematically break ambiguous problems down and build execution plans.
• Knows the art of finding an effective balance between different requirements.
• Cares deeply about the work but also about how that work is accomplished.
• Is able to make decisions with incomplete information, but can change course when presented with new data.
• Is curious and has a learning mindset.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.