Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced Back-End Engineer to join the Engineering team for Grammarly Business. The brand-new Grammarly Business unit is building solutions for small business and enterprise customers to be able to bring the power of Grammarly to all their employees. This role will work on a wide range of projects, from user features to complex back-end integrations. The team is currently working on SSO for enterprise customers, customization features, improvements to onboarding, and much more. Join us in building up a product offering that will help everyone write and communicate more effectively in the workplace.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure.
Millions of people across the globe use Grammarly at work. The Grammarly Business team is focused on building a great offering to empower effective organization-wide communication in the workplace. The tools you will build will help organizations customize Grammarly to best suit their communication styles.
As a Back-End Software Engineer at Grammarly, you will:• Work on projects that directly impact key business metrics.
• Help interview and mentor as the team grows rapidly.
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has an impressive understanding of Java and can code in it well.
• Appreciates the beauty of algorithmic science and has a good grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
• Can use modern back-end technologies to develop vertical-specific, highly trafficked services.
• Knows cloud services (AWS in particular) and prefers using them. Knows how to build complex systems on top of AWS infrastructure.
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback..
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.