Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an experienced iOS Engineer to help us level up Grammarly on iOS. You will work in a team of iOS engineering professionals and partner closely with the Design team from the ideation stage to ultimately bring your ideas to life.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
For most people, the challenge and inconvenience of writing well on mobile are among the biggest barriers to using their phones for professional communication. That’s why we built the Grammarly Keyboard for iOS: to bring effective and mistake-free writing to mobile devices. Since launching in 2017, we’ve built a strong active user base and gained stellar traction—our users are using the keyboard more than 60 times per day.
But while the keyboard may look simple, it’s extremely challenging to execute flawlessly. A one-second delay after you hit a button in an app might be OK, but would you use a keyboard that didn’t respond instantly to your touch? When you build a product that can respond instantly while running machine learning models and continuously communicating with servers in one-tenth of a second, it becomes even more challenging to deliver a delightful user experience.
The iOS team also has created a revamped Grammarly for iPad, which optimizes the Grammarly Keyboard and the Grammarly Editor for tablet users, helping to power the productivity and creativity across multiple devices.
As an iOS Engineer at Grammarly, you will:
• Contribute to the architecture of the app.
• Collaborate with the team to design and build new features.
• Ensure the quality and responsiveness of the keyboard.
• Deliver a smooth experience in a resource-constrained environment.
• Contribute to building a seamless experience with the Grammarly Editor on iPad.
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.