We use 160TB+ of data coupled with extraordinary user experience to help prevent financial crime worldwide.
Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyze and prevent financial crime. Our enterprise-grade platform enables banks and multinational organizations to onboard customers, distributors, and partners faster and to handle risks more efficiently. We streamline existing search and reporting processes to accelerate them by 2x or more. Arachnys’ customers include global top-10 banks, big 4 advisory firms, and large multinationals.
Our infrastructure is backed by Kubernetes, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Terraform, and Amazon Web Services.
Must have expertise:
● 3+ years of web development
● Professional experience with React JS and understanding its best practices
● Unit tests experience
● Expertise with web development
● A pull-up-your-sleeves mentality
● You like seeing things through to completion
● Not afraid to get into the details with technologies you’re unfamiliar with
● Upper intermediate or higher English level
Optional (a plus):
● Experience at least one back-end language
● Understanding CI/CD processes
● Yarn workspaces
● Chrome API
● Experience with Docker, TDD
● Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts.
● Micro-rewards bonus system.
● We’ve got the great infrastructure for working from home (easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat).
● Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.
● Modern and comfortable office very close to the subway with perks such as free snacks and drinks.
● Weekly English classes.
What’s different about us?
Anyone can get involved with any part of our system — front-end developers can write
Hadoop jobs if they fancy.
We have a committed focus on delivering quality, while not being scared of pushing back on
customer demands. (A top bank recently told us that we were the first supplier that had
asked them, “Why?”, about their requirements.)What hard problems are we solving?
● High-frequency media monitoring with Big Data
● We are maintaining a news cluster of a 120TB+ that we do millions of
searches a day against in addition to searches against numerous data
integration partners (see: blog.arachnys.com/...lability-issues-with-kong)
● Entity matching, and scoring across both structured, and unstructured data
● We are pioneering algorithms for precision searching, and reconciliation of
risk-relevant information across our news data, and third-party datasets (see:
● Structured, and semi-automated data extraction from complex web pages
● We are engineering a multi-purpose Chrome extension to seamlessly
automate complex data collection processes
● Distributed, highly-available process automation framework
● We are developing a plug-n-play platform to ease the codification, and hence,
the automation/structuring of repetitive business processes
We’re proud to have a team made up of individuals from all over the world. We’re passionate
about diversity, and we believe variety in age, race, disability, gender or sexual orientation
enhances our work and our environment.