Apptentive, a US-based startup, is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop our Kiev-based Engineering Office.
You will be directly involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over 20,000 API requests per second and our SDK is installed on over 1.3 billion devices around the world. Our technology stack is built in Ruby on Rails, Scala, Python, and React running on Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka. We run our services within containers using continuous integration and deployment on top of Kubernetes on AWS.
What you should have:
● 4+ years software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product;
● Expert level familiarity with RoR;
● Experience with a broad range of tools, frameworks, and libraries, preferably including one or more of Big Data and Data Analytics, Machine Learning, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Distributed Computing. The curiosity and desire to stay current on these and related rapidly evolving topics;
● Familiarity with REST and API design;
● Expertise in Service-oriented architectures, microservices, highly scalable and available web services;
● College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
● Self-directed, with a sense of urgency and a bias for action and data-based decision making;
● Passionate about the possibilities of mobile, the magic of great customer experiences, and having fun while working hard.
● Paid vacation
● Interesting and challenging work with a small Seattle based startup
● Ability to work on exciting projects involving the newest technologies
● Modern and comfortable office facilities
● Friendly team with great corporate culture
● Mac equipment
● Travel to Seattle to meet team
● Flexible work hours
● Small fun team
● English courses
● Design, plan and deploy large-scale web applications;
● Collaborate closely with other software engineers and members of the Apptentive Seattle team;
● Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented;
● Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code;
●Participate in lean/agile development process that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency; engineering practices, and individual software engineer ownership;
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded company based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team.