About the project
Our client is a funded US-based early-stage startup. Their mission is to apply technology to help people improve themselves. They are building a mobile application and a platform around it that assists users in improving the quality of their lives in a very practical and data-driven way.
There are too many businesses that have developed smart techniques to capture people’s attention and sell it for ads. Our client wants to break the vicious cycle and create a product that helps people reclaim their time, break bad habits and develop good ones.
About the role
In this role, you will build an app that will eventually be used by 10s of millions of people on the daily basis. This is the job that will put all your knowledge of the modern native iOS technology stack to test. You will need to be constantly in the loop of the most recent tools and frameworks in the iOS world.
As one of the first engineers in the company, you will be responsible for ensuring the code style is implemented consistently across the codebase right from the start. Keeping the code modular and easy to read is one of the top priorities.
At the same time, as a startup, we are moving at a fast pace, so you need to be agile and focus on delivering software that does the job first and then improve it step by step.
You will work directly with the founding team.
- Develop an iOS application using modern native technology stack
- Deliver efficient code that does the job first and iteratively improve it later
- Adhere to code guidelines and keep co-workers accountable for it as well
- Ship code that is easy to read, maintain and debug
- Be on top of all most recent code practices, libraries and frameworks and push the team to use better tools
- Conduct thoughtful code reviews for your team members
- 5+ years of iOS development experience
- Proficiency in unit/integration testing
- Good understanding of how to implement useful logging
- The skill of documenting your own code (writing useful comments)
- You iterate quickly with short feedback loops
- You’re comfortable with change and ambiguity and thrive working autonomously
- English level — Intermediate or higher
- Experienced using self-improvement apps (habit trackers, time management tools, fitness trackers, etc.)
- Previous experience working at high growth startups
- Previous experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Previous experience building iOS apps to support millions of users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Health insurance
- English lessons
- Career and professional growth
- Long-term employment with 20 working days paid vacation and other social benefits
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Possibility to work from home