We are seeking a talented mid-level Clojure Backend Developer with a good understanding of SMS Firewall and telecommunication systems to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is passionate about software development and possesses excellent English communication skills. You will be responsible for designing, developing, writing unit tests, and maintaining high-performance, scalable, and robust telecommunications applications using Clojure, as well as working with complementary technologies such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Grafana and Kafka. If this sounds interesting, we are waiting for your CV!
Who we are:
Global Message Services (GMS) is a global messaging company with over 17 years of expertise in the industry that offers monetization solutions for mobile operators in A2P, P2P, and P2A messaging, as well as multi-channel messaging solutions for enterprises. Pioneers in messaging monetization and leaders in the CIS region, GMS has since expanded to over 200 countries.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain telecommunication applications using Clojure and its associated libraries and frameworks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve and bug fix SMS Firewall system.
- Write clean, well-organized, and maintainable code that adheres to software development best practices.
- Work with telecommunication experts to understand their needs and translate them into technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain APIs for SMS Firewall interacting with other systems.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues in production environments.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development processes and methodologies.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback and mentor junior developers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in Clojure, SMS Firewall, and telecommunication systems.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders, and customers in English.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in Backend Development.
- At least 1 year of experience in Clojure Backend Development.
- Experience in VueJS is a strong +
- Strong knowledge of SMS Firewall and telecommunication systems.
- Experience with API development and integration.
- Experience with functional programming paradigms and concepts.
- Good knowledge of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Grafana and Kafka.
- Experience with DevOps tools, such as Git, Ansible, and Docker.
- Good understanding of software development principles and practices, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Experience working in a Telco environment, particularly in core network technologies including SS7, SMPP.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
What we offer:
- Multicultural & dynamic environment in fast-growing worldwide business.
- One-of-a-kind company culture — a mixture of an open mindset, high dedication, striving for success, and team spirit.
- Professional team that is committed and stands for the highest standards of performance.
- Our values — Commitment, Integrity, and Progress — are vivid in day-to-day company activities.
- Customer-oriented culture with high respect for both internal and external customers.
- Competitive salary and bonus system.
Choosing GMS, you choose progress.