glomex is seeking a highly skilled Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing our infrastructure to ensure high availability, cost efficiency, and peak performance across our AWS environment.Key
- Manage, maintain, and optimize cloud-based infrastructure (AWS) to guarantee high availability and performance;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest AWS technologies and services to continuously improve our infrastructure and processes;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and enforce best practices in infrastructure management, scaling, and security;
- Support continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines;
- Ensure IT security by implementing and maintaining proper safeguards and monitoring tools;
- Monitor AWS infrastructure costs and ensure services running in cost efficient way;
- Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues, optimize system performance, and enhance reliability;
- Manage high-load services capable of handling thousands of requests per second, with a focus on delivering millions of videos daily.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a Site Reliability Engineering or similar role;
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services, including EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, RDS, Elastic Search, DynamoDB and VPC;
- Strong experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar;
- Proficient in CI/CD tools and processes, such as Jenkins, or similar;
- Have a great understanding of github and tools offered, such as github actions;
- Familiarity with containerisation and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Solid understanding of IT security best practices and experience implementing security measures;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on optimizing performance and reliability;
- Good level of English to communicate not only to the developmemt teams, but also to the German tech and business teams.
- AWS certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator;
- Experience with other cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure;
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Python, PHP, or Go.
What we offer:
- Working in a solution driven product company;
- A challenging and rewarding work environment;
- Flat hierarchies and fast decisions;
- The chance to be part of a passionate team, working on cutting-edge projects.