GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Manual Embedded QA Engineer to join our engineering team.
We are looking for an experienced, open-minded, and creative Manual QA Engineer with either software development or a QA background and experience working with embedded devices. You will be working with embedded hardware on a daily basis, and your work will be focused primarily on this area.
The primary tool used in the project is Python; however, practical experience in any such high-level language would be an additional asset (not a must-have).
In this project, we are a part of a big, worldwide known account. You will participate in the development and maintenance of the existing product portfolio related to the IoT network being developed by our customers. We will provide you access to unique technology, experts, and know-how. In addition, you will closely cooperate with the R&D team located in the USA.
If you have a feeling, even slightly, that this is something for you — don’t hesitate. Our fantastic recruitment team will provide you with more information and guide you through the process.
Don’t waste any second, apply! 🙂
- Min. 2-3 years of commercial hands-on experience in Embedded/Telco software testing
- Proactiveness, ability to autonomously generate ideas/solutions, sense of responsibility and ownership
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills
Nice to have skills:
- Good understanding of at least one mid-range technology (e.g. LoRaWAN, Zigbee, Thread, or similar),
- Experience in working with UART, USB, IP, or similar interfaces
- TCP/IP, UART, Git, JIRA, Embedded testing, Python
- Providing technical assessments to improve system performance, capacity, reliability, and scalability.
- Overseeing system performance lifecycle, establishing the performance baseline, and identifying key metrics for performance improvements.
- Performing root cause analysis of performance abnormalities/issues and suggesting corrective actions.
- Analyzing test results and working with Developers and Engineers to perform bug fixes/improvements.
- Evaluating system performances and recommending improvements.
- Designing and developing performance test frameworks as part of the delivery pipeline.
- Identifying important production metrics and generating periodic performance reports for all internal stakeholders and management review.
Our customer prefers an ownership-based way of work, which means that we get a lot of independence in defining how to achieve agreed goals. You are expected to be proactive and bring new ideas and suggestions.
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package