GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced C/C++ Senior Developer to join our engineering team.
Our customer is a well-known European OEM.
GlobalLogic is building a team consisting of 6 engineers who will work together with customer-appointed tech leads, scrum master, and PO. The team members will work within a cross-functional agile team and focus on the development and integration of android software on an Android Automotive OS-based Infotainment Platform, analyzing performance issues and performing fault tracing of the in-vehicle software and supporting systems.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of embedded C or at least 5 years of embedded software development experience using C++.
- Good theoretical knowledge of algorithms/data structures/software architecture principles and practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Sufficient level of English for everyday communication in a multicountry distributed team
It will be a great plus:
- Experience with assembling and configuring Android AOSP custom firmware
- Experience with QNX
- Experience with software performance measurement tools.
- Experience in software development for the automotive industry
- Knowledge of operating systems’ kernels
- Experience with HyperVisor technologies and tools.
- Basic knowledge of recent microcontroller architectures
- Experience in fault tracing on the system level.
- C+±Linux, Continuous Integration
The developer will work as part of a cross-functional agile team that would take ownership of creating and maintaining core system features that are performance and stability critical.
The developer will be expected to work mainly in the QNX layer, performing orchestration and creating supporting functions for further development in the full stack of Android (from C++ to HMI levels).
The team would be responsible for the overall performance of the system and therefore will be working closely with the CI team to measure the performance, stability, and reliability KPI’s of the entire system and will work in a strictly supporting role to help other teams maintain a passable KPI level.
The team members are expected to perform manual tests in the vehicles and create automated tests where appropriate.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Feature development and maintenance of the same in the entire Android Stack.
- Performance and stability analysis in the Android stack for the infotainment system
- Lead Android integration events and support teams by assigning CTS/VTS/ATS to relevant teams.
- First point of contact to and from Google and other suppliers for Platform related issues.
Overall team responsibilities:
- The System team will primarily focus on Platform related feature development such as device configuration, mode switching, etc.
- The team receives KPIs (or defines KPIs together with tech leads) that they analyze and create test cases to produce data and a scorecard about how well the system fulfills the system KPIs, e.g. non-functional test cases for system performance, system robustness, and system stability.
- System capacity forecast for RAM, storage, and CPU (touchpoint with HW team)
- System optimization together with the internal Tier1 platform supplier.
- The team develops test cases that secure that the system works after the integration event from the internal Tier1 platform supplier (KPI acceptance).
- Android or QNX bring-up orchestration.
- The team is responsible for defining the build configurations.
- Ownership of logging functionality.
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package