GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Linux Administrator to join our engineering team.
Our client delivers personalized experiences, cross-channel messaging, and loyalty programs that add value to customer relationships. The product enables marketers to rapidly scale and meet the demands of the modern consumer. Marketers can easily deploy targeted and triggered cross-channel campaigns, compile data from multiple sources, and strategically promote desired customer behaviors — effectively increasing revenue and enhancing customer experiences.
- 5+ years experience of in managing Linux fleets in the SaaS space using configuration management tools such as Ansible and puppet (traditional systems administration)
- 2+ years experience in building and maintaining cloud infrastructure using Terraform or CloudFormation, including SDN and VPCs
- 2+ years of experience managing CI/CD tooling using DevOps and GitOps principles
- 1+ years experience managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Shell/Python scripting
- English: Upper-intermediate, both verbal and written
- Terraform, CloudFormation, SDN, Continuous Integration, DevOps Practices, Kubernetes, Python, Shell-Scripting, Agile
- The Senior Systems and Cloud engineer is operationally responsible for strategy, planning, maintenance, configuration management, OS patching, migrations, upgrades, and security of multiple bare-metal collocated and cloud/hybrid cloud environments, across multiple data centers and regions, using DevOps and SRE principles and practices, while striving in all areas for idempotent or immutable IaC.
- Kubernetes platform lifecycle management
- Vendor management
- Work with application and development teams to improve architecture, release hotfixes
- Be available when on-call to respond to Incidents
- Work with security teams to improve the security posture of various applications
- Participate in Architecture and Development design reviews for new projects
- Steer cloud migration projects using best practices (i.e., avoid forklifting)
- Follow industry trends, evaluate promising technologies, and develop and implement PoCs accordingly. Follow AWS announcements and apply the same discipline to the Cloud space
- Assist the Monitoring Team with scripting and troubleshooting, using SRE principles
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package