GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our engineering team.
Our client delivers personalized experiences, cross-channel messaging, and loyalty programs that add value to the customer relationships. The product enables marketers to rapidly scale and meet the demands of the modern consumer. Marketers can easily deploy targeted and triggered cross-channel campaigns, compile data from multiple sources, and strategically promote desired customer behaviors — effectively increasing revenue and enhancing customer experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ yrs experience in full-stack application support/DevOps/SRE role
- Experience database and data store technologies such as AWS, MySQL, Oracle, Hbase, Hadoop/HDFS, Redis, Spark, Kafka (EDP)
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash, and/or Python
- Ability to distill technical and complex principles or scenarios to all levels of our organization
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and the tools involved such as CI/CD concepts, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc.), automation and configuration tools (Puppet, Ancible, etc)
- Knowledge of public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure) inclusive of implementing projects on public clouds.
- Ability to self-govern workload and show discipline around priority and time management, even while working remotely or in the absence of direct management for an extended period of time
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new application stacks and new technology concepts as the business evolves over time
- English: intermediate, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with local and remote teams in different time zones
- Ability to present/lead technical discussions
Continuous Integration, DevOps Practices, SQL, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Google Cloud, Azure, Kafka, Redis
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a fundamental piece of the Site Reliability Engineering team. Site Reliability Engineering is accountable for the availability, reliability, and performance of the services and platforms in a highly transactional 24×7 environment. The goal is to ensure all of our customers, globally, have a great experience using the customer’s Marketing Suite and other campaign platforms.
What you will do:
- Help build a Site Reliability Engineering culture by sharing your best practices, approaches, documentation, and code with other engineering teams;
- Apply automation and software to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually;
- Able to troubleshoot complicated issues handling OS, Networking, Database in a cloud-based SaaS environment/on-premises environment and handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices;
- Monitor application performance, take steps to improve overall application performance and stability and follow through with implementation;
- Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develop improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability;
- Design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase observability, product reliability and organizational efficiency;
- Work closely with software engineers and QAs to ensure the system is responding properly to no-functional requirements such as performance, security, and availability;
- Document your system knowledge as you acquire it over time, create runbooks, and ensure critical system information is readily available to those who need it;
- Maintain and monitor deployment, orchestration, of the servers, Docker containers, databases, and general backend infrastructure;
- Keep up-to-date with security and proactively identify, diagnose, and solve complex security issues.
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package