Holovis is looking for Senior Unity Developers to join one of our new teams: Parkwide Interactive Game or Next Generation Boutique Fitness Studio.
Holovis is a global leader in complex AV, reality & system integration, real-time immersive media, and data-driven content. Their clients are Universal Studio, LEGOLAND Parks, McLaren, the British Museum, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Dubai Parks & Resorts, Jaguar Land Rover, and others.
Currently, we are launching two new projects and are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join the team.
Parkwide Interactive Game is the world’s first in theme park entertainment.
We are building an interactive game that connects players directly with the park as they progress through their own role-play story from a standard mobile app. Players interact with highly themed game stations located around the park and level up towards earning opportunities allowing them to have real-world influences on their surroundings.
Leveraging a distributed nodal architecture guests will take part in integrated mini-games ranging from depth tracking-based exploration games, scavenger hunts, and controller-based gameplay.
Requirements and Expertise:
- Experience with the latest LTS versions of the Unity3D game engine and its newest features.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of software development.
- C# / .Net / Core programming skills and experience.
- Good experience implementing well decoupled and maintainable code.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented programming and other useful programming methodologies and patterns.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Enthusiasm for learning new software and hardware technologies.
- Mathematical, scientific, and engineering skills.
- Git or similar source control system experience.
- Working knowledge of C / C++.
- Knowledge of 3D graphics rendering.
- Degree level qualification in maths, science, or engineering (Masters preferred).
Bonus Skills and Experience — it would be great if you had some of these:
- Requirements gathering and analysis and translation to software user stories/data mapping.
- DevOps skills: Configuration management, server management, and specification, deployment tools.
- Agile scrum experience and team collaboration.
- Mobile/tablets native app development.
- AWS/Azure Deployments.
- Web and mobile application development.
- Integration of new hardware technologies.
- Knowledge of clustering, and multiple display solutions.
- Database design/operation/use.
- OpenGL and/or DirectX.
- Create applications in both industry and entertainment sectors using Unity3D. This could involve creating applications for mobile devices right through to high-end visualization systems such as CAVEs or interactive theme park rides.
- Develop and maintain our software framework, a C# based suite of tools and libraries used in all our Virtual Reality, Scientific Visualisation, and Interactive solutions.
- Develop middleware and other traditional software to support the solutions being created.
- To contribute to R&D across our technologies including XR, Machine Learning, and extended experiences.
- Develop, write and document code to professional standards of architectural integrity and robust performance.
- Make valuable and timely contributions to all necessary development meetings.
- Deliver to timetable and the required standard of all documentation following completion of the application.
- Resolve technical issues arising from hardware changes, new operating systems, etc.
- Test new application features work as required.
- Integrate with 3rd party tools/libraries/hardware.
Company’s Culture — it would be great if you have these personal attributes:
- The ability and willingness to listen.
- Trustworthiness, working conscientiously to standards without close supervision.
- The willingness and capability to learn new skills.
- The willingness and capability to share existing skills with colleagues.
- Assertiveness, asking questions to understand the brief, flagging concerns, and identifying areas where tasks can be done better, quicker.
- Recruiter Interview.
- Tech Interview.
- Cross-functional Interview.
GT builds remote engineering teams for outstanding product companies. Our future mate will work directly with a client. We call this ‘Extended Team model’, and it means that each team member is integrated as deeply as possible into the client’s team. You will work with the same tools and technologies as they do and communicate directly with a client without any intermediary in between. Our clients usually (before the pandemic) came for a week each month and spend a lot of time with the team in Kyiv. We also encourage trips to a client and joint teambuilding and after-work activities.
At GT we:
Take care of the office, payroll, taxes, and other important things.
Provide you with mentorship and support.
Set up a growth plan and educational budget for your development.
We go beyond usual perks... By working with us, you will get:
- Best-in-class IT equipment.
- Monthly education allowance for courses, training, books, events.
- Cutting-edge office in the centre of Ukraine’s first innovation park — Unit.city.
- Access to all events in the Unit.City and our partner’s network.
- Lunches coverage (even when working from home); unlimited coffee and snacks in the office.
- Mentorship club from GT executives.
- Internal team-building events every month.Lectures from experts.
- Vacation (18 working days a year), and sick leaves (up to 18 working days a year).
- Health insurance (UNIQA).
- Monthly commute allowance or free parking space.
- Unit.Gym membership, after-work activities.