We are looking for a Senior or Intermediate Backend Software Developer who is a passionate go-getter who wants to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Total Compensation: $120K — $220K CAD (based on experience)
Scheduled interviews will be held on October 27th and 28th at a virtual job fair. Client will sponsor the work permit of all candidates hired.
Must have technical skills
Nice to have technical skills
Problems you will solve
You will collaborate with other talented developers; you will be a strong code contributor and commit to working code nearly every day. You will focus on the development of back-end services and APIs while fostering best practices in automated testing, or helping with code reviews.
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reliable, reusable code to build scalable applications
- Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns.
- Participate in end-to-end delivery of features including taking ownership over things like unit testing or getting your feature deployed to production.
- Proficient at cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”.
- Help with code reviews, as well as mentor and coach junior developers.
Must have skills
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience of coding at a high competency, enterprise level with low tolerance to error.
- Proficient building back-end services, APIs, and business logic. Level of seniority to be determined based on your career experience.
- Being a strong coder in at least 1 programming language with knowledge of both theory and practical hands-on ability.
- Understand our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack.
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements.
- Experience working with teams, working on bigger products, or even startup experience.
Nice to have skills
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Excited to be a team player who loves being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Motivated project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
About the company
Our valued client is a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. They empower people to get most of their money and time. Their entrepreneurial environment gets adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job.