About the client and the role:
With locations around the globe, including the Netherlands, Ukraine, Indonesia, and China, we’re a fast-growing e-commerce company with webshops in 16 different countries. We like to move fast and try out new things, and shift the boundaries of what current technologies are capable of. Our development team consists of 7 developers who work from different locations. The Team Lead is located in the Netherlands, and there are 2 Front-End Developers based in Ukraine, 1 Back-End developer in Indonesia, and 3 Developers (Back-End, Front-End, and Full-stack) in the Philippines. The team works collaboratively and uses agile methodologies to deliver high-quality code. As a Senior Elixir Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex software systems using Elixir and other cutting-edge technologies. To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for technology and a track record of delivering high-quality software solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience in Elixir, preferably it should be the latest experience
- Experience in PostgreSQL, Phoenix, GraphQL, GenStage, GenServer
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Upper-Intermediate English level and strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Affinity with E-commerce
- Experience with frontend technologies like React/TypeScript
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Design and develop complex software systems using Elixir and other modern technologies. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex software problems. Develop high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Perform code reviews, testing, and debugging to ensure that the software is of the highest quality.
- Participate in the entire software development life cycle, from requirements gathering to deployment and maintenance.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with team members and help them grow as developers.
About Global IT Support:
Global IT Support is a 19-year-old Dutch company which successfully works in the IT staffing market. We provide expert teams for all major IT languages. We cooperate with Clients all over the world, helping them successfully solve their business challenges with minimal effort and maximum efficiency. With our knowledge we help our clients with structure and communication.
- Work with a team of professionals: Working with us will give you an opportunity to collaborate with first-rate developers, discover new approaches and up-to-date technologies. Our company presents unique possibilities for you to explore. You will have the chance to work with great people on different exciting projects.
- Friendly atmosphere: In addition to involving projects, at Global IT Support, you will join the team of enthusiastic professionals who always support each other both at work and out of the office.
- Flexible working hours: Our working hours may vary depending on the customer’s project. However, we are always open to discuss time options that would suit you.
- Comfortable office & option to work remote: Whether working from home or from office, we want to provide you with the best experience possible. We have modern and comfortable offices in Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Lviv, Ukraine, so you can join the team any time offline.
- Team building and corporate events: We love organizing events outside of the office online or offline — rafting, bike tours, pizza party, online dancing or yoga class, and much more. We build bonds between our team members to make sure the company works as a whole.
- We also offer free online English lessons: Moreover, your nearest loved ones can also join the class for free.
- Referral bonuses: Do you have friends who are looking for interesting new projects? Then feel free to recommend your colleagues via our internal CRM system. The recommendation is valid for six months and during this time our recruitment team will try to find the best option possible for the person you recommend. After the successful trial period you will receive your bonus.