Required skills, knowledge and experience:
• Industry experience in data engineering, software engineering, and data science areas;
• Hands-on expertise in data engineering, pipeline design and/or applied machine learning;
• Previous experience in the design, implementation, deployment, and support of data engineering features;
• Strong practical experience with statistics;
• Hands-on management and familiarity with frameworks for processing and computation (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, e.g.), storage (ClickHouse, Druid, BigQuery, Redshift, e.g.), presentation (Tableau, Superset, e.g.), or overall data management (Snowflake, Databricks, e.g.);
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• Competitive work environment
• Attractive salary at or above market rate
• Full career development program
• Flexible working schedule
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
• All expenses paid trips abroad
• Unforgettable corporate events within the friendly young team
• Free English language school
• Fully equipped kitchen with beverages and snacks
• Cozy relax spot
• Breathtaking scenery view from a new modern office
• Using and developing data engineering tools to build highly scalable data pipelines and clean datasets around key business metrics;
• Implementing data products for customer-facing functions and features with other engineering team members;
• Designing and implementing robust product data pipelines for online and batch learning processes, internal testing and external insights delivery;
• Building and improving internal tools to support ongoing analytics needs for performance measurement.
The team is working on creating a state-of-the-art Data Platform. The main objectives of the team are to address our own, our clients and clients’ end-users needs through information extraction and knowledge gathering. Our Data Platform will employ a stack of existing and emerging technologies and enable a multitude of different use cases.
We engineer the future of TV. We create and deploy TV apps for every screen, from set-top boxes, Smart TVs and media players to game consoles, tablets and mobile phones. From a single office in Amsterdam, we have grown to many other locations across Europe and also to the US. An open and trust-based culture flourishes at our company, where new technologies and innovations are our daily bread and butter.