We are working on a new initiative; building exciting features into our family safety product (trusted by over 1M families globally), that are aimed at saving people’s lives, through deployment of cutting-edge ML based technologies and real time data processing.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and highly skilled data engineer to join the team, and work alongside data science and backend engineers to bring to life our product vision.
· 4+ years of commercial experience in software development
· Self-starter, proactive and ability to work to deadlines
· Strong attention to detail with excellent quantitative and qualitative abilities.
· Excellent code quality standards and a full understanding of writing unit tested code. Use of Git and familiar with code review practices and pull/merge requests
· The ability to turn prototype and proof of concept code into robust production grade systems
· Experience with AWS data products including DataPipeline, EMR and S3 repositories
· Understanding of principles of parallel computing
· Experience in Scala 2, Spark/PySpark, Spark Core, SparkML, Kafka
· Deep understanding of Data Modeling
· Experience with ETL optimization
· Understanding of ML principles
· Solid experience with Spark on YARN, Hadoop and Map/Reduce
· Linux, Jenkins, SQL, Maven
· Experience with geospatial data sets
· Understanding of main principles of NoSQL databases
· Understanding of Python at a production level
· Experience of AWS infrastructure services such as EMR and Athena
· Data engineering experience, working with data scientists
· Experience with data streaming, real time data processing at high load
· R — ability to understand and convert code where required
· Experience of scalable data processing jobs on high volume data
— Competitive salary
— Possibility of remote work
— Medical insurance
— In-house English courses
— Great office location
— Fun working environment
· Working productively within in an AGILE team environment
· As part of the development team, assist in planning and prioritising jobs
· Build data systems and pipelines
· Writing, testing and debugging code for new and existing software products
· Responding promptly to bug reports and production issues
· Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
· Review and debug code
· Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve products
· Collaborate with data scientists and architects
· Document code and assist in testing and QA of systems.
· Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
The people here at GeoZilla don’t just create apps — they create the kind of wonder that offers peace of mind to millions of families worldwide. It’s the team’s synergy and its vision that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to partnerships with the industry-leading IoT. Join GeoZilla, and help us make families worldwide feel safer.
With over four million registered users on iOS and Android, backed by five years of R&D, GeoZilla is working to make millions of families worldwide safer.
More information about GeoZilla can be found on the site www.geozilla.com.