Have you ever wished to work with a highload project? If so, we will be glad to see you on our team! Working on GeoComply, you will be dealing with geolocation insights needed to detect and prevent many types of fraud. You can expect to be part of a creative and ambitious team that enjoys its work a lot.
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people — we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
As a Senior PHP Developer with GeoComply, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining GeoComply products as assigned by the Product Manager. This position contributes to the implementation process of features and solutions and maintains open communication with the Dev team and QA as well as introducing new ideas to the product.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in PHP development and good knowledge of back-end and database technologies. You possess strong knowledge of system design and in-depth knowledge of the technologies you are working with. You are able to interact daily with systems that are used in professional software development such as JIRA and Git.
You have experience working in short, agile, and iterative development cycles and have a great passion for working in fast-paced development process environments. You are a fast learner, solutions-oriented and able to work within agreed-upon timelines.
What You Will Be Doing
- Research new features, analyze requirements, estimate implementation; design software; code reviews; document solutions; prepare unit tests;
- Design solutions, taking non-functional and operational requirements into consideration;
- Participate in Quality Assurance of the software deliveries;
- Ensure applications are continuously delivered with the requested level of quality;
- Build and maintain relationships with key people in the organization;
- Actively seek to share technical expertise with others;
- Follow the best practices and processes established in the team.
- Solid experience with DB (MySQL, MongoDB);
- Excellent knowledge of back-end (PHP, Laravel, Symfony, Node.js);
- Good knowledge of front-end technologies (Vue.js, jQuery);
- Experience working with high load systems;
- Experience working with Docker;
- Good knowledge of Unix systems;
- At least a basic understanding of networking technologies;
- Experience designing different applications;
- Team player;
- At least Intermediate written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams remotely.
Bonus Points if You
- Knowledge/Experience of Microservices will be a plus;
- Participated in defining the architecture of a project from the ground up
- Had an experience with other technologies/programming languages
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
- We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets — media & entertainment and fintech.
- We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work.#Build it Better, #Build it Bigger, #Build it Right
- We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
- We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
- We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for their positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
- We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of building it right. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.