We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer to join the team and help us build world-class scalable and efficient data storage. Which is to improve the overall performance of GeoComply products. If you enjoy working with large data sets, finding the best in class solutions to satisfy Business requests, and love challenging problems you are very welcome!
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people — we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
As a Big Data Engineer with GeoComply, you will help design and develop a world-class data management platform. You will maintain open communication with your team members and cross-functional stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities;
- Work on ingesting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets;
- Implementing ETL process to transform data from OLTP databases to OLAP DB and Data Lake using event streaming platforms such as Kafka;
- Create scalable and high-performance web services for tracking data;
- Develop, transform large datasets and maintain robust data pipelines that can support various use cases with high performance;
- Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs;
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes;
- Defining data retention, data governance policies, and framework.
- At least 2+ years of experience in Java or Scala programming languages;
- At least 2+ years of experience with Big Data, Java Spring, Kafka Streams, Spark Streams frameworks;
- Experience in large-scale deployment and performance tuning;
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling;
- Experience with non-relational and relational databases (MySQL, MongoDB);
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Delta Lake technology;
- Good Docker/Kubernetes knowledge is a plus;
- Good Kibana, Elasticsearch ELK stack knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge of core Java, Linux, SQL, and any scripting language is a plus.
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
- We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets — media & entertainment and fintech.
- We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work.#Build it Better, #Build it Bigger, #Build it Right
- We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
- We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
- We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for their positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
- We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of building it right. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.