Are you a master at data analysis? Are you intrigued by the challenge of using your creative mindset and research skills to improve the successful lifecycle of ours products?
The Data Analyst in our Risk team contributes to GeoComply’s success by researching and reviewing information on detecting location spoofing. We expect that the ideal candidate is hands-on, detail-oriented and highly motivated to help create data insights. Will be a plus, if you have experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles and have a great passion for working in fast-paced development process environments.
This position will work closely with the Reporting, Data Analysts, Machine Learning specialists and Product teams by providing them with their findings. In addition, you will have the opportunity to influence the development plan directly, implementing your ideas.
Join GeoComply and help empower the future of digital trust. GeoComply operates at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like the BBC and Akamai, we are the global market-leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans in the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people — we are equally committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
What You Will Be Doing
- Test current and past anti-fraud features on both client and server sides
- Work with ELK stack (Elasticsearch + Kibana)
- Develop ad-hoc scripts based on requests
- Conduct research on location spoofing to help teams remain up to date on current practices
- Research geo-blocking bypass methods to reproduce location spoofing and find similar attempts in the production data
- Review reports, both internal and client reports, and appropriate SQL/Python scripts
- Organize data in an easily understandable format using graphs and pivot tables
- Collaborate with the Reporting, Data Analytics Teams in Vietnam
- Collaborate with a Machine learning team in Ukraine
- Follow best practices and processes established by the team
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, process and teams
- Education or training in a relevant field
- Not less than 3-4 years of experience in the data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Python (scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy), MySQL, MongoDB
- Ability to work productively with minimal direction
- Good problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and spoken technical English, enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
Bonus Points if You
- Advanced Windows or macOS knowledge
- Understanding geolocation technology
Let us share why we think you’d love to work with us.
- We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets — media & entertainment and fintech.
- We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work. #Build it Better, #Build it Bigger, #Build it Right
- We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
- We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
- We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for their positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
- We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of building it right. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.