Are you crazy about PHP? Join our team of professionals!
As a PHP Developer, you will use your expertise in developing and maintaining our GeoComply products as assigned by the Tech Lead, contributing to the implementation process of features and solutions. At the same time, you can increase your knowledge and grow your career, taking on responsibilities in various other development specializations, including microservices architecture and advanced DevOps methodologies. Also, you are able to interact daily with systems that are used in professional software development such as JIRA and Git.
About the project
As interactive and mobile iGaming and sports betting continue to expand, frequently across heavily populated states that share borders with neighboring states, it is becoming increasingly important to evaluate the effectiveness of tools available to consumers that are designed to foster responsible gaming and the prevention of problem gambling.
GeoComply the launch of PlayPause, an innovative tool designed to modernize and strengthen the effectiveness of the iGaming and online sports betting industry’s responsible gaming programs.
PlayPause provides an efficient way for operators to manage important aspects of their responsible gaming compliance requirements across multiple states.
Join GeoComply and help empower the future of digital trust. GeoComply operates at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like the BBC and Akamai, we are the global market-leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans in the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people — we are equally committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
What You Will Be Doing
- Research new features, analyze requirements, estimate implementation; design software; code reviews; document solutions; prepare unit tests;
- Design solutions, taking non-functional and operational requirements into consideration;
- Participate in Quality Assurance of the software deliveries;
- Ensure applications are continuously delivered with the requested level of quality;
- Build and maintain relationships with key people in the organization;
- Actively seek to share technical expertise with others;
- Follow the best practices and processes established in the team.
- Excellent knowledge of back-end (PHP, Laravel/Lumen);
- Solid experience with DB (MongoDB);
- Good knowledge of front-end technologies (jQuery/Bootstrap);
- Solid experience with writing and maintaining with Unit test;
- Experience working with docker;
- Good knowledge of Unix systems;
- At least basic understanding of networking technologies;
- Experience designing different applications;
- At least intermediate written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams.
Bonus Points if You
- Experience working with high load systems
Let us share why we think you’d love to work with us.
- We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets — media & entertainment and fintech.
- We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work. #Build it Better, #Build it Bigger, #Build it Right
- We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
- We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
- We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for their positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
- We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of building it right. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.