Our mission at Geniusee is to help businesses thrive through tech partnerships and strengthen the engineering community by sharing knowledge and creating opportunities🌿
We care about Trust, Partnership, Transparency, and Responsibility. We offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback💜
If you want to work from home or work in the offices in Kyiv, Lviv or Warsaw with stable electricity and Wi-Fi , great — apply right now.
We are currently looking for a Part-time to Full-time Tech Lead/CTO for start-up to join our team.
About the project:
The deal flow platform for modern investors.
What you will need:
● Lead project’s technical team and provide direct day to day management of our seven engineers / project managers;
● Oversee timely and quality delivery of new functionality via bi-weekly sprints;
● Provide technical leadership to the developers — resolve any complex issues that arise with our tech stack;
● Upskill the team through mentorship, training and hiring of new team members.
Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance:
● Build pipelines for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), streamlining software delivery and testing;
● Oversee the quality assurance process and drive continued automation and resiliency of the platform.
● Review and implement appropriate IT controls to make sure our data is protected;
● Assist in completing IT security certifications (Cyber essentials, SOC2, etc.) and responding to customer requests.
● Monitor and improve the financial cost profile of project’s compute stack (AWS, Mongo, etc.);
● Optimise the configuration of the cloud set-up to minimise costs.
● 8+ years of strong relevant experience, 4+ years as Tech Leader, CTO in start-up environment;
● Experience in writing automated tests;
● Experience in building pipelines for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD);
● English level Upper Intermediate+
What you will do:
● Lead the validation of technical solutions by participating in code reviews;
● Setup and control process of technical specifications and supplementary project documentation;
● Provide reliable estimations of efforts required for project implementation;
● Reuse industry-recognized methods and best practices for analyzing client requirements and minimize technical risks and scope uncertainty during the project evaluation phase;
● Communicate all the uncertainties and technical risks discovered to project management or Delivery Unit management in a fair and clear manner;
● Facilitate software engineering team members in understanding of project requirements and client priorities, developing technical vision, following defined engineering practices, and contributing value to the project;
● Regularly participate in reviews of team work products;
● Provide technical direction for the analysis, design, construction, integration, deployment and configuration of the system developed;
● Develop clear understanding of client requirements mapped to system design and architecture;
● Establish engineering process according to client and SD Office standards;
● Identify system and engineering process deficiencies, propose and implement solutions and process improvements;
● Enforce following software engineering standards at the project;
● Identify and monitor technical risks and share possible solutions with technical and project management;
● Consistently deliver high-quality development services to clients;
● Ensure the highest quality of software engineering, applying best practices and closing gaps identified during the project assessment;
● Regularly gather software engineering metrics and analyze trends to prevent code quality degradation or engineering process efficiency degradation;
● Ensure the quality of code and technical solutions produced by the development team;
● Regularly review developed components and artifacts.
What will you get:
● Exciting, challenging and stable startup projects with a modern stack;
● Corporate English course;
● Ability to practice English and communication skills through permanent interaction with clients from all over the world;
● Professional study compensation, online courses and certifications;
● Career development opportunity, semi-annual and annual salary review process;
● Necessary equipment to perform work tasks;
● VIP medical insurance or sports coverage;
● Informal and friendly atmosphere;
● The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement;
● Flexible working hours (start your day between 8:00 and 11:30);
● Team buildings, corporate events;
● Paid vacation (18 working days) and sick leaves;
● Cozy offices in 2 cities ( Kyiv & Lviv ) with electricity and Wi-Fi ( Generator & Starlink );
● Compensation for coworking (except for employees from Kyiv and Lviv);
● Corporate lunch + soft skills clubs;
● Unlimited work from home from anywhere in the world (remote);
● Geniusee has its own charity fund.
We are looking Part-time Tech Lead/CTO at the start (50% or 20 hours per week) with the possibility of moving to full-time after 3 months.
Reasons you will love working at Geniusee:
● Employee-friendly working conditions
One of Geniusee’s core values is treating each team member like a trusted partner. You get to choose your work environment because you know yourself best.
● Teamwork beats distance
We put effort into maintaining a happy, friendly atmosphere within the team. We see each other at team meetups, workshops, G-talks, marathons, and other events.
● Excellent tools and equipment
You don’t have to worry about your work gear, Geniusee will provide you with high-quality hardware appropriate for your job description.
Your Geniusee Career Growth:
● Evaluation — time to talk with an expert. Together, you will assess the progress you have achieved
● Navigation — summarize your review with a manager and define your future goals