Our mission at Geniusee is to help businesses thrive through tech partnership and strengthen the engineering community by sharing knowledge and creating opportunities🌿
We care about Trust, Partnership, Transparency, and Responsibility. We offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback💜 If you want to work from home and be a full time employee or work in the city centre of Kyiv, great — apply right now.
About the project:
IoT in agriculture. Developing apps that will help farmers to grow smarter, using IoT devices help them track metrics about the fields and crops.
Summary of Position
An innovative startup in the ag-technology space is seeking a creative backend developer. As a member of the development team, you will have an opportunity to interact with embedded devices collect real
world data with the goal of getting actionable data into the hands of people working in the agricultural supply
We are interested in working with dedicated people that are excited to solve problems that matter with how food is produced and transported!
We are currently transitioning to a service-oriented architecture. These are some of the core components of
our tech stack:
• Ruby (with and without Rails)
• AWS services (SNS, SQS, Lambda)
• PostgreSQL and MongoDB
A backend developer at the project maintains the functionality of software applications, working with members of the design and QA teams to convert ideas into solutions.
• Mentoring junior engineers to help foster creativity and talent development throughout the organization.
• Work closely with cross-departmental teams to align goals.
• Proactively work to remove obstacles for your team.
• Serve as an advocate for your team when they need support from other individuals, teams, or outside resources
• Respectfully communicate with other teams and departments, on obstacles you observe that will influence the software team(s).
• work to improve cross-functional team processes.
• Engage in story planning and estimation to help maintain an accurate software roadmap.
• Cooperation to identify and remove blockers
• Communicating with team members and leaders about potential risks in active and upcoming projects based on your specific knowledge or understanding.
• Record discoveries, decisions, guides, and recommendations for use by current and future peers.
• Strive to ensure that the documentation is the main source for answers.
• Follow requirements documentation and mockups to understand develop new features and resolve outstanding issues.
• Adhere to industry best practices and internal conventions to ensure that code is both clear and functional.
• Communicate with teammates to establish new architectural and implementation patterns as necessary.
• Maintain a high level of automated testing coverage, ideally using test-driven development.
• Apply conventions and best practices to test code to support maintainability.
• Participate in code reviews to offer suggestions and to facilitate knowledge transfer.
• Develop areas of expertise in the codebase and serve as the primary resource for those areas.
Educate and Improve
• Transfer knowledge to other team members through demos and replies to general inquiries.
• Assessing and eliminating technical debt in existing software products.
• Participating in a continuous improvement culture within the software development teams based on quantifiable metrics.
• Keeping up with emerging technologies and market developments; making proactive and well-researched recommendations to business management for new implementable technologies that could improve the Company’s development and operational capabilities.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2+ years of relevant, hands-on software development experience
• A solid understanding of software development management, product development lifecycle, and product management processes
• Strong strategic thinking and prioritization skills
• Ability to make decisions, and communicate decisively
• Ability to use feedback from team members and key stakeholders to effectively develop.
What will you get:
● Competitive salary level;
● English classes;
● Exciting and challenging startup projects;
● Ability to practice English and communication skills through permanent interaction with clients from all over the world;
● Career development opportunity;
● Informal and friendly atmosphere;
● Cozy office near the city center;
● The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement;
● Flexible working hours (start your day between 8:00 and 11:30);
● Team buildings, corporate parties;
● Paid vacation (18 working days) and sick leaves;
● Unlimited work from home (remote).
Reasons you will love working at Geniusee:
● Employee-friendly working conditions
One of Geniusee’s core values is treating each team member like a trusted partner. You get to choose your work environment because you know yourself best.
● Teamwork beats distance
We put effort into maintaining a happy, friendly atmosphere within the team. We see each other at team meetups, workshops, G-talks, marathons, and other events.
● Excellent tools and equipment
You don’t have to worry about your work gear, Geniusee will provide you with high-quality hardware appropriate for your job description.
Your Geniusee Career Growth:
● Evaluation — time to talk with an expert. Together, you will assess the progress you have achieved
● Navigation — summarize your review with a manager and define your future goals