Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1000 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 — 1500 employees in 2018. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
We are currently looking for a Mid to Senior level NoSQL DBA/Database Engineer to join our strong Software Development team, and work with our high-load products. We are looking for experienced candidate with at least intermediate level of expertise in search engines and search engine/index performance tuning. In addition to that, the candidate must have previous experience of administration, performance tuning and optimisation of NoSQL solutions.
Strategic objectives and challenges:
• Resolving a problem of writing and storing huge volumes of data.
• Optimization of processing huge volumes of data.
• Transfer of 10+ Tb of data from MySQL database to NoSQL database.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Manage and maintain production databases and Elasticsearch nodes and indexes associated with search capabilities.
• Automate and suggest new ways of managing large NoSQL database cluster and improve existing Elasticsearch performance.
• Push the limits of MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL database technologies.
• Apply cutting edge cloud computing technologies in their work.
• Create sustainable and maintainable environments for existing NoSQL and Elasticsearch solutions.
• Install, configure, update and troubleshoot large database and search environments and applications.
• Collaborate with engineers, DBAs, and DevOps teams on technical issues.
• Take care of system monitoring of NoSQL database solutions and search engines.
• Work on a schema design and data modeling.
• Conduct continuous assessment of NoSQL database performance.
• Provide proper backups & recovering.
• Production experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Apache Cassandra, and others.
• Production experience with search engines, such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Apache Lucene.
• Previous work experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL.
• Experience in managing highly available, scalable production systems in a fast-paced production environment.
• Experience in building and developing in both a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), as well as on the direct host level (non-cloud level).
• Understanding of data architecture, replication, and administration.
• Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix.
• Experience with at least one cross-platform configuration management and/or orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Packer, and Terraform.
• Experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes.
• Comfortable with collaborative tools, such as Slack, wikis, and basic ticket tracking systems (YouTrack, Jira).
• Fast learner and creative thinker with strong problem solving skills.
• Effective team member with high level of motivation and ability to work with little supervision.
• Dynamic self-starter with high attention to detail, highly responsible and reliable.
• The ideal candidate will be able to work from the office.
• Knowledge of database-related CNCF projects.
• Previous work experience with Python, Golang, Shell, or other programming language.
• Confident knowledge of big data pipelines, such as Hive, Spark, Kafka.
• Good understanding of load balancers, DNS, networking, and/or client-side drivers.
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
• An expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
• Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
• Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes’ walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sport initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc).