Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1000 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 — 1500 employees in 2018. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
Strategic challenges and objectives:
• Database health monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Work with massive amounts of data.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Collaborate with engineers, DBAs, and DevOps teams on technical issues.
• Provide support to developers and QAs as required.
• Maintain system monitoring of the database servers. Slow query reporting.
• Participate in the database re-structuring and management.
• Support on business as usual and complete routine tasks on a regular basis.
• Experience with administering MySQL server.
• Basic performance, query and index optimisation.
• Confident knowledge of MySQL backup solutions.
• Good understanding of monitoring requirements.
• Good understanding of replication principles.
• Comfortable with collaborative tools, such as Slack, wikis, Subversion, and basic ticket tracking systems (YouTrack, Jira).
• Fast learner and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Effective team member with a high level of motivation and ability to work with little supervision.
• Dynamic self-starter with high attention to detail, highly responsible and reliable.
• The ideal candidate will be able to work from the office.
• Previous work experience with Python, Golang, Shell, or other programming languages.
• Previous work experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL.
• Good understanding of load balancers, DNS, networking, and/or client-side drivers.
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
An expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes’ walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sport initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc).