Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1000 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 — 1500 employees in 2018. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
SocialTech is a global IT-company specialized in Social Discovery. We develop our own products that are used by millions of people around the world. SocialTech is already one of the leaders in its niche, and we continue to grow by hundreds percent per year in all KPIs.
The team and people are our greatest assets. We are always looking for strong indifferent professionals who are in love with their job and who are willing to work for results and directly influence the development of product and business. We present you with unlimited opportunities for professional development and freedom in picking tools and ways of achieving goals. In return we ask for a responsible attitude, results orientation and genuine interest in working on our products. We always offer many interesting tasks, ambitious goals, and complex challenges.
Now we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to our product team. This team is created to develop a new direction in our business and rise to the following challenges: high-load, BL & code refactoring, and data flow & structures redesigning. We also expect our perfect candidate to lead this product team in the future.
• Docker, k8s (on production), GKE, AWS, Baremetal.
• Cloud-native religion.
— User api > 500k rpm.
— Internal services have > 30k rps.
— Persistent db 10bn items (10 TB).
• Microservices Architecture, FAAS also (Micro Monoliths, Monolith).
• Reverse proxy, API Gateway, service-mash.
• CQRS, Event|Command Bus, Event Sourcing.
• KISS, DRY, YAGNI.
• FP, OOP, GoF, DI.
• SOLID, GRASP, DDD.
• Self-testing unit and Integration, TDD, BDD.
• NoSQL, SQL, ACID, RDBSM, ORM (data-mapper, active-record).
• Search engine (full-text).
• Cloud native, 12 factor app, clustering, sharding, replication.
• Reverse proxy, API gateway, service mesh, observability.
• Basics knowledge of the OSI model and TCP/IP stack.
• Basics knowledge of the Linux systems architecture.
• High-load practices.
• Php >= 7.1, Go, other language will be an advantage.
• Php composer, go module.
• Go testing frameworks, PHPUnit, behat, mink, phpspec will be an advantage.
• MySQL 5.7, MongoDB 4+.
• ElasticSearch, Sphinx.
• Redis, Memcached
• Conteinerd, docker, buildkit, k8s (CRD, controller, operators).
• Istio, linkerd.
• Traefik, Ambassador.
• SNAT, DNAT, iptable, ddns.
• Bash, sh, Linux tools.
• Critical thinking.
• Responsiveness and ability to be a team player.
• Blameless culture.
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
• An expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets.
• Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide.
• Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes’ walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sport initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc).