Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1500 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 — 1500 employees over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
Genesis is seeking an experienced Middle PHP Developer that is passionate about building great products and solving complex problems.
• Understanding of software engineering fundamentals (OOP, design patterns, DDD, SOLID, REST API design);
• Strong PHP7+ skills;
• Strong work experience with Symfony (or Laravel, or Yii2), SQL DB (MySQL or PostgreSQL), ORM (data-mapper, active-record);
• Understanding of Event\Command Bus;
• Experience with: Docker, Composer, Redis, RabbitMQ, Git;
• Experience in development of complex server applications;
Nice to have:
• Experience with NodeJS;
• English Upper Intermediate.
Who You Are:
• You are back-end engineer with interest in front-end development;
• You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting new great products;
• You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues;
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills and can explain your ideas and decisions.
What You’ll Do:
• Take part in development of a REST API back-end application for a new social discovery product;
• Improving your skills developing and scaling a rapid growing REST API application;
• Join a small team in an inclusive, non-hierarchical, ego-free culture with a focus on result (not process).
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
• Expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
• Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
• Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes’ walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sports initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc).