Genesis is one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine with more than 1500 people in 9 countries, who create products for 200 million users monthly. We are the most high-loaded company in the country and one of the largest partner of Facebook, Google, Snapchat and Apple in the CEE region. Our team is one of the best high-tech teams in Eastern Europe.
Genesis was recognised by DOU.UA as the Best IT Employer in Ukraine in the category 800 — 1500 employees over the last years. We received very high ratings across all major evaluation categories such as professional growth, compensation, working conditions, communication with management and colleagues, etc.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for the biggest e-commerce project in central Africa — Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda and Tanzania (400+ million people). We have small and strong teams of python developers, marketing and product managers. Minimal bureaucracy, very short development stages and focus on the product, thus, value creation. If you’d like your achievements to be in use by millions of people, we are a great project to work for.
How we work:
• Quick iterations (releases twice a week);
• Code reviews;
• Writing tests is crucial (CI is up and running);
• Using latest open source technologies (Clickhouse, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL).
• Good Python skills;
• PostgreSQL (MySQL) administration skills;
• Web application stack understanding (Linux, Nginx, HAProxy, uwsgi);
• Version control system experience (Mercurial, git);
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef);
• 3+ years of professional experience.
Nice to have:
• Experience with Elasticsearch.
• Operations automation (Ansible);
• Monitoring (Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus);
• Services deployment and monitoring.
Genesis is a unique place for the development and growth with:
• Expertise in the development of high-loaded products in international markets;
• Unique opportunities for learning including various training and seminars within the company, access to a valuable and extensive book library, English courses and participation in key IT industry events worldwide;
• Perfect working conditions: an excellent office in a 5 minutes’ walk from Taras Shevchenko metro station, free food and drinks in the office, medical insurance. The company has professional coaches in football, basketball and running and supports various sports initiatives (swim races, marathons, etc).