Are you an experienced legal professional looking to make an impact in international law?
Our legal department is growing and we are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our 2-people team. Under the supervision and guidance of our Head of Legal and Compliance, you will be handling the legal and compliance support of the company’s business activity.
All you need is:
- Law degree from a reputable university;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English;
- Upper-Intermediate English or higher is a must (including legal drafting);
- 1+ year of professional experience as an in-house lawyer in the IT, FinTech, or igaming industry;
- Experience in igaming licensing, AML/KYC, GDPR and compliance regulations;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Hard-working, well-organised and able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously under pressure.
Your daily adventures will look like:
- Researching and analysing legislation of various jurisdictions covering gaming licensing matters;
- Supporting and supervising of license application process;
- Maintaining of existing gaming licenses in various jurisdictions, communication with local agents and regulators regarding license related matters;
- Dealing with KYC related matters, passing checks with banks, payment services providers, software providers;
- Performing KYC checks on new and existing clients, review and verification of received documentation, black-lists and sanctions checks etc.;
- Legal paperwork (completing questionnaires, applications, forms, letters, drafting powers of attorney, internal policies and regulations);
- Opening accounts with banks and payment services providers;
- Registering companies in various jurisdictions and maintenance of existing ones in cooperation with local agents and consultants;
- Registration of IP rights to trademarks and maintenance of already registered trademarks of the company;
- Filing complaints regarding illegal use of the company’s trademarks and other IP (inter alia to Google, hosting providers, domain names registrars, ICANN, WIPO etc.);
- Conducting legal research on various legal matters related to day-to-day legal and compliance support of the company’s business activity;
- Reviewing of contracts with software providers, payment services providers etc., drafting new contracts with clients, making changes to existing contracts;
- Dealing with GDPR, AML related matters;
- Drafting and improving website documentation (policies, terms and conditions etc.) and bringing existing documents into compliance with applicable legislation, updating website documentation according to requirements of local agents and regulators;
- Dealing with scope other legal matters under supervision of Head of Legal.
So, why Gamingtec?
If you are a person with passion, ideas, and a thirst to advance your career, you will love our corporate culture. We are an international team that treats each other with respect and moves towards the same goals. We believe in freedom and flexibility and trust our employees to do their jobs in a way that works for them. We have an ambitious and rewarding work environment, a flat organisational structure and almost zero bureaucracy. Our employees’ ideas are what move the company forward. Everyone has equal opportunities in every aspect of work, learning and development!
Why you will love working here:
- Being a part of an international team, where everyone treats each other with respect and moves towards the same goal;
- Freedom and responsibility. You do not need to be told what to do;
- Competitive salaries. We want only the top performers, so we offer the appropriate remuneration for their experience and knowledge;
- Fully remote work. If you are in one of the areas where one of our offices is located, you will also have the option to go to the office;
- Flexible work schedule. We do not track time, we measure performance;
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick leave days. We believe that everyone should have a good work-life balance and no one should burn out;
- Constant career development & learning opportunities!
- Enjoy the corporate atmosphere with awesome parties and team-building events throughout the year;
- Refer your friends and get rewarded with a bonus, after they pass their probation period;
- Find the right private medical insurance that works for you and receive compensation for it. Compensation (full/partial) depends on the cost;
- Flexible Benefits plan. Decide which of your activities/expenses you want the company to compensate you for. For example; gym subscription, language courses, Netflix subscription, a spa day, etc;
- Education foundation in learning something new. Be part of our biannual ruffle that gives you the chance to learn something new, unrelated to your job.
And this is how our interview process goes:
- A 30-minute interview with a member of our HR team to get to know you and your experience;
- A final 2-hour interview with four team members to gauge your fit with our culture and working style.
Sounds interesting? Do not hesitate to apply or contact us if you have any questions! Gamingtec is waiting for you!