Frag Lab studio is a videogames development company based in Kiev and focused on next gen F2P MMO Shooter built with Amazon Game Tech and published by Wargaming. Our team of industry veterans is now working on a new revolutionary IP and we are looking for a Lighting Artist who has passion for creating good quality game locations.
• Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design including composition and color theory
• Strong technical knowledge of how to create real time lighting in game engines
• Self-motivated and goal oriented person
• Mature approach to problem solving and understanding of professional working ethics.
• Good communication skills, proven ability to work in a team
• Experience in real-time engines (CryEngine, Unreal engine, Unity, etc.);
• Previous experience as Lighting artist or similar position on AAA title is a big plus
• Technical problem solving
• Experience in how to make game scene looking cinematic and artistically stunning
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, 3D packages,
• Knowledge of composition principles
• Preferably has knowledge of classic art principles
Your experience of working in game industry on similar goals and good understanding of VFX creation pipeline would be a plus!
• competitive salary & benefits package
• modern and comfortable office with lots of perks
• perfect working conditions and great team to work with
• training programs
• corporate events and team buildings
• compensation for gym, swimming pool etc.
• English classes
• medical insurance
Your role would be to work closely with our content teams on creating stunningly looking lighting schemes for our game environments. You will be working directly with art director and content leads on developing art vision of game locations.
Your background should include great artistic skills, deep understanding of lighting in modern AAA titles or similar fields — movies, cartoons, post production.
• Work with Art Director and Art Leads on developing visual style of game environments
• Design lighting systems that will support both visual style and gameplay
• Provide feedback on developing lighting pipelines and tools
• Maintain a consistently high quality level while ensuring artistic and technical constraints are respected
• Help art director and content leads in finding great environment moods and references
• Work closely with concept art department on creating mood boards and level overpaints
• Work with multiple cross-functional groups on various deliveries
• Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard
• Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send us your CV with portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Lighting Artist