Fractured Byte, a game and software development studio that has already worked on such games as Borderlands: The Legendary Collection and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 for Nintendo Switch.
We have a team of qualified professionals who specialize in porting and developing video games for PC and Consoles. We are looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our team.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for configuring hardware and software to ensure stable system performance, configuring servers, upgrading existing infrastructure elements, and managing user support.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven experience in system administration with a focus on MikroTik and network protocols;
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, as well as extensive experience with virtualization technologies like VMware vSphere;
- Version control systems such as SVN, Git, Perforce;
- Strong understanding of NGINX web server configuration and management;
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix;
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell and Python;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with other team members;
- Set up and support workstations for newcomers;
- Configure and manage virtualized environments using VMware vSphere;
- Deploy and manage various servers to support our gaming services;
- Work with other system administrator tools and technologies as needed to support our infrastructure;
- Monitor the health and performance of our systems using tools such as Zabbix;
- Support various game devices such as PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox;
- Collaborate with other teams, including development and quality assurance, to ensure the reliability and availability of our games;
- Work closely with our DevOps team to design, build, and maintain the infrastructure that supports our games;
- Automate routine tasks using scripting languages such as Bash , Python and Powershell;
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and outages in a timely manner;
- Manage backups, disaster recovery plans, and security protocols;
- Continuously evaluate and integrate new technologies to enhance our infrastructure
Will be a plus
- Experience in process automation with GitLab CICD;
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaS) tools such as Ansible, Packer, Terraform;
- Experience in observability with Prometheus and Grafana;
- Experience supporting various game devices such as PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox is a plus;
Why work with us
- Unlimited paid vacation. We want our team to be well-rested and enjoy creating great games;
- Full financial and legal support for freelancers. We take care of your taxes;
- Medical insurance and caring management team.