We’re looking for a motivated and driven Senior Java Software Engineer to join our Financial Services Team.
Our self-organized and cross-functional team is architecting, building and running the core financial customer related services at FlixBus. The mission of the team is to develop flexible, consistent, accurate, secure and auditable financial systems to ensure financial excellence and enable our ambitious growth. Our main services include taxation, invoicing, fiscalization and currency conversion.
Currently we are a Product Owner, an Agile Tester and five Full Stack Engineers and as a team fully own the product line and the architectural and technical decisions. We build our product end to end and can leverage cutting edge technologies for our solutions.
If you’re interested to join our team read on:
Your Responsibilities — Paint the world green
- Feel at home in an agile environment. Influence the team’s way of working. With your teammates you shape the development process from feature request until release
- As a team you will architect a modern product and integrate towards a system of systems architecture. You will use Java to implement the required functions and replace legacy code
- Be ready for the real full stack universe. Show and improve your skills in all areas like Backend, Frontend, DevOps, Testing
- Use continuous integration and automation to deliver frequently new releases
- Be a team player among team players. Work closely together and share constantly knowledge with your colleagues
Our current technology stack includes:
- Java, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, etc.
- Apache Kafka
- Cloud — AWS: Postgres, Dynamo DB, S3, SQS/SNS (Message Queues)
- Terraform, GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Datadog
Your Profile — Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor/Master in business information systems, computer science or similar experiences
- You are a Java expert with several years of professional experience and related technologies
- Ideally you have knowledge using Microservices in financial areas as accounting and taxation
- Experience with Web Service Integration
- Experience with PHP for the integration with the existing systems during the transition period is a plus
- Ensuring that your code is working as expected is an essential part of your coding style
- Test driven development is a plus
- You believe in “You build it, you run it!”
- Experience with modelling and performance optimization for large amount of data
- Passionate about learning new tools and keeping yourself up-to-date
- With your team you want to take responsibility for the technical decisions and the product you own
- Upper — intermediate English level
- Trust-based working. We don’t punch the clock — organize your own schedule
- Regular business trips to Berlin and Munich 🇩🇪
- Educational budget (conferences, certifications, books, etc)
- 20 days of paid vacations per year
- 12 free FlixBus trips per year, 5 trips with 50% discount for relatives and friends
- Language course support
- Pet-friendly office
- Office snacks
- Have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are changing the way people travel, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Fun at work and beyond. Discover the world with your free FlixBus rides and join our regular team events — there’s always something to celebrate!