Faria is a leader in international education systems & services offering an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home, and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in 155 countries. Faria’s multi-disciplinary team of over 240 operates globally across nine offices.
The OpenApply division of Faria Education Group is looking for an Intermediate Ruby on Rails Engineer (Full Stack). The role will be heavily involved with new feature developments and maintaining the existing application.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 600 of the world’s leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
We are looking for proactive people, team players passionate about programming in this language, and oriented to provide the best experience to the end-user. This is an excellent opportunity for those professionals looking to develop in one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- New features development based on the provided specifications.
- Maintaining the existing applications (bug fixes, migration to new Rails versions, UI refresh).
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the applications integration and API.
Skills & Competencies
- 3+ years of experience of Ruby on Rails software development.
- Ruby on Rails (versions 6).
- RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus);
- Frontend (HTML, CSS3, jQuery, CoffeeScript, SASS, Bootstrap);
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration;
- English: Intermediate or upper, verbal and written.
- Demonstrating the deep understanding of OOP and using it effectively
- Creating clear, consistent, well commented, highly maintainable, and accurate code that matches agreed conventions.
- Verifying code changes made.
- Writing unit and integration tests according to the chosen environment and methodology.
- Working with version control systems.
- Committing verified changes with comprehensive comments.
- Carefully checking diffs before code commit.
- Splitting code commits according to the atomic chunk of functionality.
- Resolving conflicts in the codebase.
- Using special tools for analyzing product performance, resource usage to determine product bottlenecks.
- Refactoring sub-systems (modules) in the scope of defined architecture
- Compensation: Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, and COVID-19 coverage for you and dependents.
- Vacation: We support work/life balance and offer generous both paid Annual and Family leave.
- Wellbeing Resources: Faria encourages team members to lead a healthy lifestyle and covers recurring monthly Health & Wellness benefits.
- Learning: We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of professional training, conferences, workshops, or certifications.
- Team: Friendly atmosphere, group activities, and corporate events.
- Equipment: Retina MacBook Pro or another laptop of your specification, peripherals, and displays included.