Faria is a leader in international education systems & services offering an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home, and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in 155 countries. Faria’s multi-disciplinary team of over 240 operates globally across nine offices.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails (Integration) Engineer to join our R&D team in Ukraine for ManageBac API development and Faria applications integrations with ManageBac.
ManageBac is the leading online planning, assessment, and reporting platform for IB World Schools, supporting over 140,000 educators in 130 countries for over 15 years. By providing schools with one unified system on a consistent, modern, and mobile-ready interface, ManageBac offers a seamless & integrated experience for coordinators, teachers, students, and parents.
We are looking for proactive people, team players passionate about programming in this language, and oriented to provide the best experience to the end-user. This is an excellent opportunity for those professionals looking to develop in one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- APIs development for the ManageBac platform.
- Faria applications integrations with ManageBac.
- Maintain an existing application in Ruby on Rails.
- Work with the support team to fix any bugs that arise in code.
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the integration of the applications.
- Provide task estimation and deliver quality code on time.
- Solid experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework.
- Proven experience working with API and applications integrations.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and common software design patterns.
- Experience working with backend services (REST APIs, Client-Server architecture, etc).
- Experience building SaaS applications.
- Working understanding of MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration.
- Excellent online communication skills in English (Slack, email).
- Compensation: Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, and COVID-19 coverage for you and dependents.
- Vacation: We support work/life balance and offer generous both paid Annual and Family leave.
- Wellbeing Resources: Faria encourages team members to lead a healthy lifestyle and covers recurring monthly Health & wellness benefits.
- Learning: We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of professional training, conferences, workshops, or certifications.
- Team: Friendly atmosphere, group activities, and corporate events.
- Equipment: Retina MacBook Pro or another laptop of your specification, peripherals, and displays included.