• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering degree or related discipline;
• 3+ years of software web development experience;
• At least 3 years of Scala experience;
• Experience with Nosql databases;
• Experience with the Scala Play framework, Cassandra, CI/CD or docker is a big plus.
• Opportunity to build a successful product that grows dynamically within American market;
• Opportunity to work in a great international Team;
• In-house, full-day work at the office — Business Center 101 Tower;
• Competitive compensation;
• Professional and career growth;
• Paid vacation and sick leaves;
• A benefits package;
• Events and team buildings;
• Free English classes with native speakers and gym right in the Business Center.
• Expand our backend microservices and prepare them to handle our evolving platform;
• Work with JSON, Protobuf and other data sources;
• Merge data from various data sources;
• Our A.I. based algorithm needs to be trained and finely tuned for better performance;
• Work with modern concepts of machine learning;
• Reporting tools must be developed to satisfy our clients’ as well as our in-house needs;
• Processes must be streamlined.
Fareportal is seeking a Senior Scala Developer to join our Kyiv Team.
At Fareportal, we create technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry — one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
One of our projects Scala developer will be involved in is Split Route Itinerary (SRI) project initially developed by Tripcombi. It’s backend (algorithm + serving architecture) only. Your work will directly be exposed to our customers on Cheapoair.com and our other brands.