• 2+ years of experience with Scala or/and Python;
• Experience with AWS or another cloud environment;
• Knowledge of computational complexity and data structures;
• Education: at least Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline;
• Ability to work with 3rd party REST APIs;
• SQL, git, Linux shell;
• Real experience with unit-, functional- and integration testing frameworks and practices, understanding and following test pyramid by Martin Fowler;
• English — Intermediate and higher.
• Apache Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop;
• Apache Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, MQTT or similar;
• Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch;
• Statistics and Probability.
• Opportunity to build a successful product that grows dynamically within American market;
• Opportunity to work in a great international Team;
• In-house, full-day work at the office — Business Center 101 Tower;
• Competitive compensation;
• Professional and career growth;
• Paid vacation and sick leaves;
• A benefits package;
• Events and team buildings;
• Free English classes with native speakers and gym right in the Business Center.
• Building ETL jobs to provide data for data scientists, analysts, and software developers;
• Working closely with data scientists and developers to design and maintain scalable data pipelines;
• Developing actionable code and scripts that are ready to be put into production;
• Engaging with the company’s top leadership to gain access and share insights from data stores across business units;
• Learning Scala and using it for implementing robust high-loaded applications.
Fareportal is seeking a Middle and/or Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Team in Kyiv.
At Fareportal, we create technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry — one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
There isn’t a better time to join our growing global team as you will have the opportunity to work with the newest cutting edge technology on the market as well as the opportunity to learn from some of the best developers in the world.