We’re currently looking for a talented Senior SDET to join our team of professionals!
Work at Exadel — Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values, so Exadel is a people-first cultured company.
About the Customer:
The customer is an American company based in Chicago with more than 40 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry. The customer moved to the cloud in 2003, and it began using its first ML algorithms as early as 10 years ago. The company accelerates digital transformation for the insurance and automotive industries with AI, IoT, and workflow solutions.
The core product is a comprehensive SaaS platform that consolidates about 30,000 stakeholders, namely insurance companies, repair facilities, auto manufacturers, lenders, fleets, and everyone involved in resolving critical moments following an accident.
Client team culture and development approach:
- People who are flexible and ready to learn new technologies
- Most importantly, good Java understanding and attitude to learn new things in order to keep pace with the rapidly changing development environment where new technologies need to be constantly implemented
- Cross-functional team where developers are expected to deliver both back-end and front-end code
- Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! The customer provides education courses for front-end technologies, the team adjusts the tasks at the start to allow you to gradually pick up the front end, and we provide experienced mentors from our side. You’ll have all the support you need for your professional development
About Our Project:
- You will get a unique experience developing interesting features using the latest development technologies
- You’ll get to see development from scratch
- Leverage microservices architecture and is developed as AWS cloud native application
Project Team: 1 SDET based in Chicago and 3 SDETs based in India.
Planned meetings: Weekly meeting — 8.30 CT
Tech Stack: Java 11, Rest and RestAssured, SQL, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Intellij IDEA, TestNG
Project Stage: Active Development. Testing framework has been developed recently by the customer’s QA team. The main task is to get to know the framework and actively contribute to its development. Current priority — automation of frontend web based with Selenium WebDriver, next automation focus is going to be mobile applications’ automation with Appium.
- 5+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE
- 5+ years of experience in SQL queries
- Good knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, RestAssured, TestNG
- Knowledge of Appium is a plus, or willingness to learn
- Quick Learner and keen to learn new technologies
- Knowledge in defining clean, crystal clear interfaces/API using Web Services Technology (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small-time duration
English level: Intermediate+
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers, and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multitask
- Actively participate in software development and automated unit testing
- Complete development tasks within agreed timebox
- Analyze and resolve software issues
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments