About Our Customer:
The сustomer is a leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers.
The сustomer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
About Our Project:
The project is a highly unique and customizable application that calculates vehicle valuations for the insurance industry. This application was completely re-engineered in 2015 from Mainframes to a Java platform. The new application has been built using the latest design patterns and can be highly customized to fit insurance carriers’ requirements without major application changes. The customer is currently adding several critical enhancements that are now possible given the new platform.
The team consists of 1 Senior Developer, 3 Full Stack Developers, 1 Senior QA Analyst and 1 QA Analyst.
- Gain unique experience developing a highly customizable application using the latest development technologies.
- Work on all full stack development from the ground floor.
Project Tech Stack:
- Java 7, Java 11
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Docker & Kubernates
- Oracle DB
- JQuery & AngularJS
- 5+ years of software testing experience on complex IT projects
- Deep understanding of software QA methodologies and best practices
- Experience in test plan development and execution (Functional, System Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, Risk Based Testing)
- Experience in Web UI, web service, and API testing
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with defect management and test management tools such as Version One, Jira, TestRail, Test Link
- Experience with API testing tools, such as SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work as an individual or within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and project management skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and/or projects and solve problems under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with project team, manager, and end users
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to create effective and readable test plans
- Active participation in software testing and issue analysis
- Ability to analyze and identify the impacted functionalities and ensure good testing coverage