• Diverse and extensive experience in the Data Science/Machine Learning area (5+ years)
• Proven experience starting new Machine Learning projects from scratch: from problem analysis and data collection to PoC and deployment to production
• Strong knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms, their limitations, and use-cases, e.g.: when logistic regression is enough, when gradient boosting is needed, and when it is time for deep learning.
• Confidence in Python, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, SQL, etc.
• Ability to write a simple, yet production-grade server for an ML model
• English level: Intermediate
• Experience with supply and demand problems, as well as geospatial data
• Experience with various types of data: text, time series, and images
• Knowledge of and hands-on experience with ML/DL frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.)
• Familiarity with micro-service architecture, task queues (e.g. Celery), cloud (e.g. AWS or Azure), Docker, OS and networking basics, and database systems (e.g. Postgres)
• Basic familiarity with MLOps
• MS or BS in computer science or related field
• Kaggle or GitHub account with projects that demonstrate skill level
• Vacation is 20 working days / till 20 working days per year for sick leaves;
• Full payment of taxes;
• English courses;
• Flexible work schedule;
• Friendly environment;
• Medical insurance;
• Opportunity for career growth.
• Understand business objectives and models that help achieve them
• Propose and realize new ideas to benefit our customers and the company
• Fully cover (develop, maintain, and monitor) the entire lifecycle of created models
• Propose new research, improvements, and best practices
• Share knowledge, ideas, and new approaches with team members
• Stay up-to-date with the latest findings in applied data science
About the Customer:
The customer is developing one of the most popular taxi apps in the US. They want to create a better way to get around cities by mobile-enabling the infrastructure of existing taxi services. In order to do this, the client would need to significantly simplify taxi rides and provide quick, easy, and secure payments.
About the Project:
The goal of the project is to increase business value by optimizing various parts of taxi operations, such as the driver search process, driver ETA prediction, and supply/demand balance.