• 5+ years of experience with both SOAP and RESTful web services development;
• Experience with the following programming languages and technologies: Java SE, Java EE, Build Systems (Maven, ANT etc), revision control tools (e.g. Subversion, Git);
• Sound knowledge with tools like IntelliJ, Eclipse, SoapUI and Postman;
• Experience with Advanced CSS2/3 and HTML 5;
• 5+ years of experience with relational database programming: ORM tools (e.g. iBatis, Hibernate), Complex SQL, stored procedure, Oracle 10 or higher, JDBC;
• Familiarity with designing data models (logical and physical models), and constructing database schemas and complex SQL queries;
• Hands-on experience working in Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes, Dockers and OpenShift;
• Experience with different web application servers, e.g. Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic;
• Experience with Microservices architecture with Spring boot and Spring Batch;
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Design Patterns;
• Experience with code optimization and performance tuning;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum in a professional environment;
• Experience with responsive web design, responsive frameworks (e.g. Twitter Bootstrap) and mobile web development;
• Experience with implementing and extending XML specifications;
• English level: Upper-Intermediate.
• Vacation is 20 working days / till 20 working days per year for sick leaves;
• Full payment of taxes;
• English courses;
• Flexible work schedule;
• Friendly environment;
• Medical insurance;
• Opportunity for career growth.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and User Experience teams to perform analysis of Functional Requirements, User Stories and specifications;
• Design, document and implement enterprise-class, service-oriented Java web applications to fulfill Functional Requirements, User Stories and Architectural goals;
• Work closely with engineering team members and architects to design, develop and test all tiers of the application platform — presentation, business service and persistence/database tiers;
• Perform design and code reviews; Consult with operations engineers, database architecture and other team members to evaluate and improve operational and performance aspects of the overall system;
• Responsible for leading onsite, remote and offshore development team for product releases
• Take complete ownership of the product end to end;
• Evaluate and prototype new products and capabilities, and provides insight on resulting value proposition;
• Participate in on-going maintenance and support of software systems when needed;
• Provide support for automated builds and deployment of software systems;
• Monitor industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation;
• Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of other team members/
About the Customer:
The Customer is the leading provider of vehicle lifecycle solutions, enabling the companies that build, insure, repair, and replace vehicles to power the next generation of transportation forward. The company delivers advanced mobile, artificial intelligence, and connected car technologies through its platform, connecting a vibrant network of 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, OEMs, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. The collective set of Customers’s solutions inform decision-making, enhance productivity, and help clients deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
The Customer’s company was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2020 by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago. And, was named to Forbes best
The Company’s corporate headquarters is in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building that is also known to be a “technology” hub within the broader metro.
About the Project
The apps are supported by multiple backend components and it requires an understanding of overall web application architecture. It’s a blend of traditional server-based application and individual microservices. Understanding of application security and performance is also crucial for supporting the back end.
This solution is powered by different AI based APIs that processes the client data provided via app. These APIs are running as Micro services on a hyper scale server and an understanding of API gateway, Nginx, Load balancer and Okta would be an added advantage.
• It is a core project that provides a great learning opportunity with Java frameworks such Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Dropwizard, etc. with Cloud technologies such S3, EC2, IAM, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, SES etc.;
• You will get a unique experience on a blockchain project;
• You’ll get to see development from scratch.
Project Tech Stack:
Java 11, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Spring Cloud, OAuth2, Redis
Project Stage: Active Development