As a senior Data Engineer at EX.CO you will be a key factor in developing our data solution.
Content is king, as they say, but not all content (or job descriptions) are equally appealing to today’s digitally-savvy, time-strapped audiences.
For more than a decade, EX.CO has been helping publishers and brands engage their audiences with the most relevant digital experiences that drive measurable results. If you’ve taken a poll, trivia, survey or engaged with any dynamic video content in the past 10 years, chances are you’ve already experienced our industry-leading technology. What you likely haven’t seen is the unparalleled wealth of unique audience insights we can then provide our partners on the backend.
With a growing roster of premium, global clients (think CBS, Netflix, Macy’s, Lego, ESPN, HuffPost, VICE) and backing from great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, we’re primed to expand our team with more exceptional talent. Are you an innovative & creative self-starter who is amazing to work with? If yes, this job could be for you.
As a senior Data Engineer at EX.CO you will be a key factor in developing our data solution. You’ll need to come up with solutions to complex problems that should maintain performance in scale. You’ll be responsible for driving exciting innovations around data and AI that will help the company grow faster and wiser.
You’ll work closely with devs, analysts and business stakeholders to automatically generate predictive models that utilize our collected data and empower our system to make decisions in real-time.
As part of the job, you will be a focal point for all things related to data, which includes creating a tech roadmap for pipe-lines performance, data architecture, managing storage, assessing performance and budget limitations and much more.
● Taking full ownership of designing, implementing, deploying and maintaining existing and new data pipelines by using cloud based tools in a cloud based infrastructure.
● Work with different stakeholders to design and develop system features.
● Owning EX.CO’s data solution that consumes and processes billions of events every day.
● Build, test, and deploy new DAGs by using the latest data stack on top of AWS & GCP.
● Implementing DAGs to generate new business value out of the collected data while analyzing performance, correctness and value.
● Hands on work on our core data infrastructure, tools and automation.
● Take part in POCs and innovation for new technologies, databases, tools and services that can significantly push the division goals.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer
● 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer
● 2+ years of hands-on experience in Cloudera stack (Kafka, Flume, Impala, Kudu) — advantage
● Experience with data related cloud based technologies like, S3, parquet , EMR, AirFlow, Kinesis, BigQuery.
● Previous experience in Python and/or Skala
● Excellent business understanding and communication skills
● Data enthusiast and a team player.