Technical Operations Director reports directly to the MoneyMatrix CTO and works closely with the Head of Software Development.
The role and team are located in L’viv, Ukraine, with group management technical functions based in Bucharest. Work location is L’viv but once circumstances permit some to travel to our other European offices would be expected.
The responsibilities of the Technical Operations Director include (but are not limited to):
- Achieve flawless 24/7 uptime (99.99% including deploys across a calendar year) for all provided services.
- Manage and lead the unit’s technical operations and DevOps teams and ensure we have the right people to support our development and service goals.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Ensure that everything that goes into production complies with a set of general requirements including documentation and handover to Incident Management (and other relevant stakeholders,) monitoring and logging plans, backups and high-availability setup.
- Ensure proper release management, including where appropriate compliance with and reporting to relevant regulatory bodies.
- Act as the gatekeeper to a stable production environment — ensure that nothing is released to production that has not been fully tested and quality assured.
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, and putting in place a suitable regime to ensure that Business Unit and Group Incident Management teams are alerted to any service disruption or degradation taking place within the Business Unit.
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
Ensure that all day-to-day operational activities, including technical support and incident response, are carried out in a timely and reliable way.
- The Technical Operations Director will take ownership of incidents, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- From post incident review, achieve full understanding of the root cause of any incident, report this to management and affected clients, and report on the elimination of such
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or an equivalent qualification.
- Fluent in English, both in spoken and written form.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience leading a team of technical operations staff
- Proven expertise in Software Release Management, Configuration Management or Project Management.
- Broad view of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Very good understanding of quality assurance at various life cycles of product development.
- Experience in agile software development life cycle.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with tight deadlines and demanding quality objectives.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in testing, test automation and respective tools
- Experience in a relevant domain — online betting & gaming, sports betting, delivery of Software as a Service
- Software development experience
- Experience working with software development and automated test tooling (in particular in Microsoft .NET/C# environments.)
Work Life Balance:
- 22 paid leave days and two extra paid leave days per year for every year up to 32 days (working days) in addition to the public holidays (11 days). Extra leave days for every extra year at the company — 43 days including public holidays by year 5 of employment.
- 10 sick leave days per year (without a doctor’s note).
- Medical leave: up to 30 days per year, documented with medical certificate
- To support women candidates, we offer 21 weeks of maternity leave and 100% work from home until the child’s first birthday for mothers.
- Men receive 4 weeks of paternity leave and can work from home until the child is 13 weeks old.
Benefits and Office perks:
Daily catered lunch or lunch allowance
Private Medical insurance
Access to online learning platforms Udemy for Business and O’Reilly and budget for external training
Massage at work
Frequent free-bar parties, annual whole-company parties (have previously rented our own planes to get everyone together!)
Fun corner: ping pong table, Xbox, lots of board games.